Green Collar Careers at XsunX
|Position Reports to:
|Chief Operating Officer
XsunX is focused on becoming a leader in the innovation, development, and manufacturing of thin film photovoltaic (PV) modules used for large scale, grid-tied applications. We are currently establishing our first full scale manufacturing plant requiring all the necessary equipment, processes, and personnel for high rate manufacturing of large-area power PV modules. We encourage a work environment based on ethics, new ideas, and team work within multiple functional disciplines: a Center of Excellence. We are seeking new motivated individuals to create the basis of the core team to deliver our ideas, technology, and solar products for life on earth.
Prepares financial analyses of operations, including interim and final financial statements with supporting schedules, for the guidance of management. The Controller is responsible for executing company’s financial plans and policies, its accounting practices, the conduct of its relationships with lending institutions and the financial community, the maintenance of its fiscal records, and the preparation of the financial reports. Eventually, the position will involve supervision over general accounting, internal auditing, cost accounting, and budgetary controls.
- Development, analysis, and interpretation of statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization
- Maintains the company’s system of accounts and keeps books and records on all company transactions and assets.
- Assists in establishing major economic objectives and policies for the company and prepares reports that outline the company’s financial position in the areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and future operations.
- Assists in coordinating and directing the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts, institutes and maintains other planning and control procedures, and analyzes and reports variances.
- Is responsible for tax planning and compliance with all federal, state, and local corporate, payroll and other applicable taxes.
- Furnishes internal reports, revises and updates reports to be more useful and efficient, and furnishes external reports as necessary.
- Determines depreciation rates to apply to capitalized items and advises management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax revisions.
- Evaluates and recommends insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities.
- The Controller has the final responsibility for providing effective financial controls for the organization.
- BS Degree in Accounting, Finance or related major
- Certified Public Accountant License that is in good standing
- 5+ years of experience in the role of Controller (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage accounting personnel and experience performing monthly financial closes
- Proficiency in the use of Excel and PowerPoint required
- Ability to articulate clearly and accurately both orally and in written form
- Previous experience working with a publicly traded company a plus
- Experience with ERP systems
- Previous experience working for a manufacturing company
We provide a comprehensive benefits package including PTO, Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) and a competitive salary. If your experience and skills meet or exceed our requirements, please e-mail your resume in Word format to .
XsunX is an Equal Opportunity Employer.