Process Development Engineer
Location: Orange County, California
Posted: June 6, 2012
Focus on CIGS process development efforts to further optimize solar cell performance and yield. A minimum of three years of industrial hands-on experience in thin film CIGS process development & integration, yield improvement, and/or related process engineering is required. Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science or equivalent disciplines.
- Proven track record in implementing innovative practical solutions to challenging CIGS technical problems. Demonstrated leadership skills with a proven track record in setting technology direction and designing and building specialized equipment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate.
- Expertise in one or more areas related to wet chemical processes, CIGS co-evaporation, and sputtering deposition with a strong fundamental understanding and appreciation of process / equipment design influence and interactions.
- Excellent data analysis skills, strong knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Design of Experiments (DOE) principles.
- Highly motivated, results oriented, independent thinker. A team player.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Efforts to improve device performance by improving process parameters in the production process. Design, execute and analyze experiments. Perform data analysis on production data to identify and optimize factors influencing performance.
- Improve process capability and reduce variation by identifying significant process / product parameters and determine methods for process control.
- As the team grows, you may be required provide direction and leadership to development engineers and technicians on process testing, data analysis and statistical methods.
- Ensure processes are documented; develop process control plans, FMEA’s and process maps.
- Communicate results of engineering tests with actionable recommendations to upper management, development / manufacturing engineers, and production personnel.
- Ensure adherence to all safety and environmental procedures as well as housekeeping standards.
To submit a resume for this position, please email and provide a copy of your resume (no recruiters please).