||Module Manufacturing Engineer
|Position Reports to:
||Vice President of Engineering
XsunX is focused on becoming a leader in the innovation, development, and manufacturing of thin film photovoltaic (PV) modules used for large scale, grid-tied applications. We are currently establishing our first full scale manufacturing plant requiring all the necessary equipment, processes, and personnel for high rate manufacturing of large-area power PV modules. We encourage a work environment based on ethics, new ideas, and team work within multiple functional disciplines: a Center of Excellence. We are seeking new motivated individuals to create the basis of the core team to deliver our ideas, technology, and solar products for life on earth.
Identify, develop, and maintain equipment processes, and procedures for finishing monolithically integrated thin film PV panels into completed modules for sale, distribution, and installation. The functional area or responsibility is often referred to as either ‘finishing’ or ‘back-end’ operations in the PV industry.
- Assisting with raw material and equipment supplier identification; equipment construction and factory integration; and system qualification and verification for all back-operations.
- Developing base-line processes for all back-end equipment.
- Improving processes based on statistical analysis of system data using formalized engineering change procedures.
- Developing work instructions, SOP, and training technicians and operators. Developing, implementing, and maintaining operator certifications.
- Conduct FMEA’s for all back-end module manufacturing process in an effort to maximize product performance and yield while maintaining targeted production through-put.
- In depth knowledge of module manufacturing equipment and processes including I-V testing and data analysis; encapsulation and lamination processes; framing and j-box installation; and required certification testing of finished goods (PV modules).
- In depth knowledge of PV module polymers including EVA, DNP, and PVB for encapsulation as well as silicones and butyl rubber for module sealing. Requires ability to set-up test equipment and process for incoming material certification including gel content testing.
- In depth knowledge of back surface material requirements and materials including glass, pre-converted tri-laminates, and metals.
- Direct experience with accelerated testing of PV modules including 85/85 testing, wet hi-pot, humidity freeze, impact, and light soaking.
- Direct experience with UL and IEC testing and testing protocols for certification of solar modules.
- BS in a relevant engineering or scientific discipline (including but not limited to either mechanical eng, materials science, chemistry, or physics).
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a PV module manufacturing production environment (some related field may be considered but direct PV module production experience is preferred).
- Demonstrated background of professional interaction with relevant peer departments including R&D and manufacturing staffs to develop, implement, and improve back end equipment and processes.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of applications including Project.
- Hands-on experience with equipment and processes.
- Ability to create designs using Solid Works (preference) or ACAD.
- Ability to conduct deflection analysis for PV module components (frames, glass) and assemblies.
- Ability to derive and analyze statistical experiments and the resultant data
- Ability to compile and publish professional engineering reports (introduction, experimental details, results, conclusions, recommendations, future work) as well as process work instructions as SOP’s
We provide a comprehensive benefits package including PTO, Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) and a competitive salary. If your experience and skills meet or exceed our requirements, please e-mail your resume in Word format to .
XsunX is an Equal Opportunity Employer.