Green Collar Careers at XsunX
|Position Title:||Information Systems Manager|
|Position Reports to:||COO|
|Revision Date:||August 2008|
XsunX is focused on becoming a leader in the innovation, development, and manufacturing of thin film photovoltaic (PV) modules used for large scale, grid-tied applications. We are currently establishing our first full scale manufacturing plant requiring all the necessary equipment, processes, and personnel for high rate manufacturing of large-area power PV modules. We encourage a work environment based on ethics, new ideas, and team work within multiple functional disciplines: a Center of Excellence. We are seeking new motivated individuals to create the basis of the core team to deliver our ideas, technology, and solar products for life on earth.
This position supports the business with the adequate systems and infrastructure to ensure effective
and reliable communication and ERP functionality. Will be responsible for the installation of all computer systems, ensuring that back up systems operate effectively, buy hardware and software, provide the IS technology infrastructures for an organization, and contribute to organization policy with regard to quality standards and strategic planning. Will develop and align the IS organization to support strategic objectives
- Evaluating user needs and systems functionality
- Planning, developing and implementing the IS budget, obtaining competitive prices from suppliers where appropriate, to ensure cost effectiveness
- Schedule upgrades and security backups of hardware and software systems
- Research, make recommendations and install new systems
- Ensure the smooth running of all IS systems, including anti-virus software, print services and e-mails provisions
- Ensure licensing laws are adhered to
- Provide secure access to the network for remote users
- Ensure the security of data from internal and external attack
- Provide users with appropriate support and advice
- Manage crisis situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems
- Keeping up to date the with latest technologies
- Provide support for telecommunications systems including telephone, voicemail and data networking systems
- Responsible for developing and managing information systems security, including disaster recovery and business continuity planning
- Develop and implement information systems policies and procedures
- Enforce company policies and procedures related to the use of information systems for all employees
- BS in Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum 8 years of work experience with information systems. Should also have at least 5 years in a supervisory or management capacity.
- The ability to evaluate, recommend and implement technology trends, beneficial hardware and/or software.
- Strong work ethic, maintains high ethical standards, and must be viewed as the technology leader within the organization. Ability to prioritize issues and organizes themselves and others around
We provide a comprehensive benefits package including PTO, Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) and a competitive salary. If your experience and skills meet or exceed our requirements, please e-mail your resume in Word format to .
XsunX is an Equal Opportunity Employer.