Green Collar Careers at XsunX
|Position Title:||Mechanical Designer|
|Position Reports to:||Vice President of Engineering|
|Revision Date:||August 2008|
XsunX is focused on becoming a leader in the innovation, development, and manufacturing of thin film photovoltaic (PV) modules used for large scale, grid-tied applications. We are currently establishing our first full scale manufacturing plant requiring all the necessary equipment, processes, and personnel for high rate manufacturing of large-area power PV modules. We encourage a work environment based on ethics, new ideas, and team work within multiple functional disciplines: a Center of Excellence. We are seeking new motivated individuals to create the basis of the core team to deliver our ideas, technology, and solar products for life on earth.
Working with company-wide subject matter experts conduct mechanical design of products, factory layouts, equipment components, and mechanisms in support of production of thin film PV modules.
- Developing and maintaining detailed engineering drawings and BOM for the XsunX products.
- Assisting in the implementation and execution of product raw material, equipment component and documentation part numbering system. The document control number system is expected to control all raw materials, all documents, and all purchase parts.
- Establishing, implementing, and maintaining rev control of all engineering, documents, and product BOM components.
- Factory equipment layout modeling (3-D) as well as elevation and plan 2-D section views of various regions of the factory.
- Assisting procurement, engineering, production, operations, and management with designs, part numbering, and document control.
- In depth knowledge of ACAD (must) and preferably Solid Works for design of products, components, and factory layout.
- Direct experience with large-scale factory automation including automation equipment, materials handling systems, and machine tooling.
- Direct experience for the specification and recommendation of a part numbering and rev control system.
- Proficient and experienced with developing drawings with required tolerances, materials, and fabrication processes.
- Associates degree in a relevant design discipline. Focused training seminars are a benefit.
- Minimum of 5 years experience of design experience with demonstrated ACAD proficiency.
- Demonstrated background of professional interaction with relevant peer departments including R&D and manufacturing, and business staffs to develop, implement, and improve back end equipment and processes.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of applications including Project.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Ability to conduct COSMOS deflection analysis and thermal analysis.
- Demonstrated back ground to working with fabricators (machine, sheet metal, weld, and waterjet shops) for efficient manufacturing and ability to understand the best processes to achieve a desired result (i.e., CNC vs. waterjet vs. wire).
- Familiar with the design of thin film vacuum coating chambers and components.
- Familiar with the design of mechanical motion control systems.
- General mechanical knowledge.
We provide a comprehensive benefits package including PTO, Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) and a competitive salary. If your experience and skills meet or exceed our requirements, please e-mail your resume in Word format to .
XsunX is an Equal Opportunity Employer.